Laundry. It seems like a never-ending chore that every parent faces. But, one says that you should find joy in everything you do & that includes laundry. I know it's not an easy job but today, we are sharing some simple tips on how to keep laundry under control and try to bring a little joy to the big job of tackling your family's laundry!
4. Fold and put the laundry away. This is my biggest struggle. Thankfully, we are moving in a week and our laundry room will be on the same floor as all the bedrooms so no more hauling up and down the stairs. But, I do find it easiest to manage the laundry if I just put it away. So set a goal to do it as much as you can. (I know, easier said than done!)
5. Also, wash each kid's clothes in their own load making it easier to put away. Wash all the baby's clothes in one load. Then, fold & put away. The next day, wash another child's laundry. Then, fold & put away. The next day, wash your own laundry. Then, fold & put away. Everyone has their own separate hamper in their room making it easy to separate and keep organized.
6. Always keep an empty laundry basket in your laundry room. Then, you can't use the excuse that you have no laundry basket to load your clothes in to put away. (Trust me, I have used that excuse a lot. Enough that my husband bought me another laundry basket!)
7. Pre-treat stains as soon as possible. As soon as I notice a stain on my kids' clothes, I pre-treat it. You can rub a little method 4x concentrated laundry detergent onto the stain, wait five minutes, & wash as usual. If you aren't planning to do laundry for several hours, throw the item in the washing machine, add some cold water & a scoop of stain remover to the water. Leave in there until you do your next load. Before washing, pre-treat the stain as stated above before running your load.
8. My last tip, is specific to traveling with kids, which happens a lot in the summer. Designate one suitcase for dirty clothes or pack an extra bag (even a trash bag) for just this reason. Pop the dirty clothes into one bag while on vacation. When you return home, just dump the entire contents of the bag into the washing machine while everything left in the other suitcase is still clean and can be put right back into dresser drawers.
We hope these tips help you tackle your laundry piles. And we are excited to share a great deal from our laundry favorite, method. You may use coupon code THREEFORME for $3 off your online purchase at the online method shop. Also, method has collaborated with ASOS to create a 10-piece fashion collection that is totally machine washable! You can view the fun fashion pieces here at the ASOS hub, as well as fashion inspiration & a chance to win $1000 to spend on ASOS!
Here's to finding joy in the never-ending chore of laundry!