December 11, 2013
December 10, 2013
at 11:08 PM
Anyone else humming Under the Sea now?
at 1:40 PM
- Kleenex tissues: These are our favorite brand of tissues and we always have these on hand at our house. You can use this coupon at Target to receive a $1 off Kleenex 4 packs or larger!
- Soup and Crackers. We always have a variety of soups on hand: tomato, chicken noodle, vegetable, and more. You never know quite what one may desire!
- Comfortable pajamas: Nothing calls for a pj day more than being sick. (I think that even the moms can wear pajamas all day when their child is sick!)
- Flavored water/Popsicles: In order to keep them well hydrated, I often let them have them something a little special to keep them hydrated depending on what we have on hand.
- Warm blankets and fluffy pillows: Something about a sick day means a lot more cuddling up on the couch
- Craft supplies
- Board Games
- Good Read-Aloud Books
Today, I'm going to share three fun and easy "winter" crafts that you can do while stuck at home with little ones. The supplies for these crafts are ones you most likely have on hand so no special errands to the craft store to make these three fun crafts.
- Construction Paper
- White Glue
- Glitter Glue
Spread glue onto paper in a snowflake shape. Put the marshmallows on the paper. Decorate the paper with glitter glue and let dry. Cut out the paper into a snowflake shape. Hang with string.
2. Toilet Roll Penguin
- Toilet Roll
- Black Paint
- White Construction Paper
- Orange Foam Stickers (2 Heart Shaped and 1 Triangle Shaped)
- Wiggle Eyes
- Black Yarn
Paint the toilet roll tube black and let dry. Cut the white construction paper to make a white belly for the penguin. Glue onto the toilet roll to make the penguin body. Add the stickers to make the beak and feet. Glue the wiggle eyes onto the penguin. Add stickers for beak and feet with glue. Glue black yarn on the top of the tube to make crazy hair for the penguin.
3. Mitten Handprint Wreath
- Various colors of construction paper
- White Paint
- Paper Plate
- Yarn to Hang Wreath
With the white paint, make several handprints on the different colors of construction paper. Let dry. Make a paper plate wreath to glue the mittens onto: Fold a paper plate in half and and cut out the middle to make a paper plate wreath. Cut out the handprints to make them look like mittens. Glue the handprint mittens to the paper plate wreath. Glue the mittens onto the paper plate. Add pom poms. Punch a hole in the back of the wreath and hang!
We hope you enjoyed our crafts that we shared with you all today and make sure to "pin" them to use them during your next sick day at home. Make sure to get your home ready with our sick-day essential list and don't forget to head to Target and use this coupon at Target to receive a $1 off Kleenex 4 packs or larger!
December 9, 2013
at 9:40 PM
- Preloaded with 11 apps including some of our favorites: Art Studio Plus, Calendar, Pet Pad Party, and Photo Fun Ultra, and more.
- Kid-safe with extra parental settings to control what your child has access to!
- Peer-to-peer interaction with other LeapPad Ultra tablets
- High resolution touch screen makes it easy for preschoolers to use
- A built-in rechargeable battery that offers up to nine hours of life
- 8 GB of memory to save favorite songs, apps, and more
- Front and back camera and video recorder that is easy to use!
- Built-in MP3 player
December 8, 2013
at 8:15 PM