Did you know that 70% of car seats are incorrectly installed? Evenflo has created the SureSafe system making it easier to install the car seat (& has increased proper installation by 2x compared to standard latch hooks). Evenflo has created a super easy installation system, where latch guides attach to hidden lower anchors of the vehicle Essentially, the LATCH guides act like a tunnel, making it super easy to find the lower anchors in your car. Once those are installed, you can simply attach & detach the quick connectors with one hand making it for a safe and easy installation and easy to transition between two cars.
September 17, 2014
September 16, 2014
- What are the drop-off and pick-up times? Can I leave my stroller here during the day?
- What types of security measures do you have in place?
- How often are the children outside? Do you have a playground on-site or are they going to public parks?
- How do you communicate with parents? Do you send pictures or just daily/weekly reports?
- How often do you sanitize the rooms?
- Who determines my baby’s schedule – you or me?
- How do you approach discipline?
- What kind of curriculum do you follow? How do you incorporate this into toddler’s schedule?
- What do I need to provide? For example: diapers, food, wipes, change of clothes
- What’s your sick policy? How do you communicate with parents if something is going around the classroom?
- How does your waitlist policy work?
- Can I see your licensing paperwork? (Typically this is provided in a packet they give you on the tour)
September 15, 2014
at 10:04 PM
at 2:28 PM
September 12, 2014
September 11, 2014
With all the traveling that we have done this summer, my oldest son is really interested in country life vs farm life. It's funny because when we have been in more "country" settings (such as Lancaster PA or visiting family in Iowa), he talks about how he would love to live on a farm, drive a tractor, & milk a cow. But as we headed into Washington, DC on the Metro last weekend, he was talking about how he wants us to move into an apartment and be able to visit the museums every day. He has been really interested in farm & city life, so I decided to check out some books from the library to help explore his interest in the world around him. I searched Amazon, the public library, & our own book library to pick out some of our favorite city & farm books to share with you all today!
Little Elliot, Big City
Children's Books: City vs. Country Life
City Dog Country Frog
City Dog Country Frog
Children's Books: Life on the Farm
September 10, 2014
School has started this month. It has been an adjustment in this house as we are saying good-bye to lazy summer mornings & are busy scrambling around the house trying to get lunches made, shoes on the feet, & teeth brushed. I created these three handy signs to encourage independence in my oldest son and so far, they have been super handy for him (and me!). I just printed and laminated them. The Good Morning & Bedtime Checklist hang on a bulletin board in his room where he can easily check off what he has done with a dry erase marker. The Welcome Home sign is on our family bulletin board in our kitchen where he can see it immediately when he walks in from school. A little organization in this chaotic house of young children brings just a little more sanity to my life!
Another option to print: Right click on the images to open in a new window. You can either save it or print it from there. Make sure you scale it to the size you would like when printing!