Like most mamas, I knew that I had to send my husband some "hints" on what to get me for Mother's Day. It's funny that when you wander through Hallmark, the gift options for Mother's Day include a "Supermom" plaque, or a "I love you mom"coffee mug, or a book of "Reasons We Love Our Mom...". Not that those aren't great items, but I can tell you that moms want something different. We want to feel loved, appreciated, and cared for by our families!
And without further ado, here's my requests for Mother's Day...
1. Sleeping in, and could we say, maybe even a potential nap?! (Although as I'm typing, I did end up getting earlier than planned, but I'm still laying in bed enjoying a few quiet moments.)
2. No cooking...I don't even care if we eat fast food all day, I just don't want to cook or clean!
3. No cleaning...just one day, please!
Now these are a little more specific to our family...
4. Clean Windows!!!! We moved into our house about 1 1/2 ago and I hate to admit, but we have never cleaned the outside of the windows and most of the inside windows continually are covered with handprints. I am begging for my husband to clean them, please! I found this tutorial on Pinterest, http://chaoticallycreative.com/2012/03/16/washingwindowslikeapro/, that I think may be the key to my solution.
5. A 5 mile run on my own, WITHOUT my boys and HUGE jogging stroller. I have to say that my days running with a jogging stroller are starting to get limited-it's just so heavy! I calculated that the stroller weighs 34 pounds, Andrew weighs 20ish pounds, and Aiden weighs 25ish pounds. That's 80 pounds right there. On Friday, we headed for a run before Aiden's sports class and a trip to the library, so add the ten library books we were returning, three movies, snacks, water cups and I think we were nearing 90-100 pounds. WHAT?!?! I have to say that it is an amazing work out in a short amount of time (you feel as if you may pass out at any moment), but I will be cherishing a solo run with just me and my Pandora music today!
Glad someone is enjoying the ride...
6. To paint our front door...I love our door but it needs to stand out! So I think today may be the day...we are thinking red???? I was really against painting it for a long time as I love it's antique style, but the more I drive around and see all the beautiful painted doors, I think it's going to happen. Maybe today?
Maybe this shade of red?!?!
7. Some time to get my garden planted. We don't have a lot of garden space, but I will use every square inch that I do have. Fresh zucchini, tomatoes, jalapeños...yes please!
This is one of our massive zucchinis from last year.
Now, don't get me wrong...I would also love a trip to a tropical resort, or a funky bracelet, or a new novel to dive into. Or I would LOVE to be able to magically transport to one of our families (both of them live many miles away) to spend time with our own mamas and grandmas, but that's sadly not going to happen.
So as you can see, I think a trip to Home Depot may be in order today. Not most mother's dreams, but I think it sounds wonderful, especially with my husband and two wild, loving boys! And other than that, I just want to enjoy my little family, that's all a mama really wants!