So as the summer season starts upon us, I have finally sat down to create Our Super Summer List!!!!
1. Get ice cream from the ice cream truck
2. Fireworks on the Fourth of July
3. POOL time!
4. Picnic at the Park
6. Make homemade popsicles
7. Strawberry picking (and hopefully other fruits too!)
8. Make homemade ice cream
9. Campfire Hot Dogs and Smores
10. Catch lightening bugs
11. Water Day---Sprinkler, Slip and Slide, Water Table, Baby Pool!
12. Make a bird feeder
13. Wear pajamas ALL day (a rainy day would be perfect for this)!!
14. Read books outside
15. Paint Rocks
16. Make your own pizza (and hopefully throw them on the grill!)
17. Make Kool-Aid play dough
18. Set up a tent in the yard for the day
19. Have a teddy bear picnic
20. Go to farmer's market
21. Collect shells at the beach
22. Fly a kite
23. Go out for self-serve frozen yogurt
24. Check out library summer reading program
25. Paint with water
26. Take a nature walk
27. Attempt to make own bubbles
28. Attend outdoor concert
29. Have a bike, scooter, ride-on play date
30. Outdoor dance party
31. Make sun tea
32. Feed the ducks
33. Sunset at the beach
34. Take a train ride
35. Neighborhood Treasure Hunt
36. Make cards for family members and send them!
37. Have an outside "art" play date
38. Outdoor bowling
39. Bake cupcakes with some friends
40. Water balloons
41. Splash in puddles
42. Watch clouds
43. Make chocolate covered strawberries and bananas
44. Make a Fruit Loops necklace
45. Attend a baseball game
46. Attend outdoor concert
47. Car Wash our Hot Wheels
48. Hide and Seek in the backyard
49. Take kid camera to park for a "photo shoot"
50. Make and walk on balance beam
And for any local readers, here's some ideas for things to do around here:
Watchung The Loop Playground/Trailside Museum
Turtle Back Zoo
Zerbini Family Circus
Ponderosa Farm, Scotch Plains
Story time at Cranford pool
Day Trip into NYC
Shopping trip to Ikea and check out the airplanes from the cafeteria
Kidtoons in Westfield
Scotch Plains Farmer's Market
Colts Neck Spraygrounds
And one other thing that I HAVE to share with you! I was the lucky winner of a giveaway on Crayon Freckles, an adorable blog featuring excellent hands-on kid activities. I won a 12 week summer program created by Sun Scholars. It is written by a mom of three young children who wants to make learning FUN! The program can easily be done at home, incorporates lots of hands-on learning, and is all planned out for you! (How fabulous is that?!) There are SO many activities in this program---240 activities, 12 weeks of 4 activities each day. We are hoping to jump into our first week of activities after we get back from our beach vacation in a couple weeks! But I have started to look at the first week and oh my, it's AWESOME! There are SO many great ideas that touch on so many different things---art, music, reading, math, etc. I can't wait to get started:)
What ideas do you have for the summer??? I love to hear what others have planned---as I am always looking for more things to do with my VERY energetic little boys! And now that I have created the kids' Super Summer list, I got to start cracking on my own list so I make sure to fit in all the wonderful things that I would like to do!!!
And it's your last day to enter our giveaway for a $25 gift certificate to the adorable Sweet and Sassy Boutique! Just get here by midnight:) And anyone who likes our Facebook page automatically is entered/gets a bonus entry---so hurry over and do that too!!!!