Remember how we had Pinterest night a couple weekends ago?!?! One of the treats that I had to try out were some festive Oreo truffles...
SO EASY and SO DELICIOUS!!!!
I have to share the recipe with you all because they are the perfect addition for any get together. Everyone LOVED these, including my always expanding 18 week pregnant belly!
Halloween Oreo TrufflesIngredients:
1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
1 packaged Oreo cookies, finely crushed
Baking chocolate (I used some that I found at the craft store in the candy section because I have a hard time finding anything at our regular grocery store that isn't crazy priced. The craft store had some festive orange chips and I picked up some white chips as well!)
1. Mix Oreos and cream cheese together in a bowl until well blended.
2. Put in refrigerator and let it harden for at least thirty minutes.
3. Shape into 1 inch balls. (I think it helps to put it back into the refrigerator again to let them harden again.)
4. Melt the baking chocolate (I used a double boiler, but the microwave should work just as well) and dip the balls into the melted chocolate.
5. Decorate with sprinkles/cookie crumbs/etc. Place on waxed paper and let it cool.
5. Refrigerate until firm and store in the refrigerator in a closed container.
Seriously, go make these. You and anyone that tries them will be happy that you did!
And don't forget to enter our Monday Funday giveaway this week: Maybooks!!!!