DIY Valentine Chair Backer
- Red Felt Pieces
- Wooden Hearts
- Buttons or Other Decorative Accessories
- Paint (if you would like to paint the heart)
1. To make the envelope, I cut two pieces of felt. One is 8 x 11. (This was the part of the smaller piece of the envelope, where the button hearts are glued on) The other piece=the same size rectangle (8x11) AND the folding part of the envelope (when you cut out this piece, it will look similar to a house).
2. Zig zag stitch the two pieces together along the sides and bottom of the envelope. (If you don't have a sewing machine, I'm sure you could use hot glue as long as you don't plan on sticking anything in them that is super heavy!)
3. Punch holes along the edge of envelope flap about every 1 1/2 inches. Then, thread a piece of ribbon in and out of the holes.
4. Add wooden heart that was painted with child's name in the middle of the envelope flap.
5. Add other accessories (button hearts).
6. Punch two holes on back of envelope where you can string a piece of ribbon through that will tie to the chair.
And voila, your adorable and homemade Valentine chair backer that your kid will LOVE!
Make sure to check back tomorrow to see a round up of all of our Valentine posts from this wonderful week of LOVE!