As I look upon 2013, I have thought and thought about my "resolution" for the year. Of course, I would love to read lots of books, or lose all the pregnancy weight after baby #3 is born, or become a Pinterest queen! But honestly, as I think about this season in my life as a mom to two, soon to be three, young children...I inspire to just "be". Love my little ones unconditionally. Be patient through their trials. Cherish those early morning snuggles on the couch with them. Savor the unplanned, open days at home in our pajamas. Have dance parties while we wait for Daddy to arrive home. Teach them the joys of reading. Enjoy special moments with each child, may it be a quick ice cream trip date or just a walk around the block. Play outside A LOT! Love them through our ups and downs. Raising two little boys, and soon a sweet baby girl, is NO easy feat, but I am going to take this challenge and try to be the best mom that I can be for these kids.
But I also know that to be a happy mom, I need to continue to take care of myself. Sneak in some time to exercise, but don't feel guilty when it just doesn't work. Spend some quality time with the husband (no computers or phones allowed), even if it is just enjoying Chinese take-out on the couch while our littles are sleeping upstairs. Continue to stay connected to friends, near and far, despite our crazy busy lives! Take some time to do things that I enjoy: reading, crafts, little shopping trips away from home, working on a puzzle, etc. Let someone help when they offer (and this is not an easy feat for this mommy)!
In 2013, I want to enjoy life as our little family of four, soon to be five. Big trips don't have to be planned, kids don't have to say or write their ABCs, beds don't have to be made every day, plans don't have to be created daily, homemade dinners don't have to be on the table every night. Instead, I want to enjoy the simplicity of life and embrace the changes and joys that our family will be facing this year. And for a mom who inspires to do it all, this is no easy task---but this is my "resolution"--to sit back and enjoy the crazy ride of life that our family is on.
January: special bedtime cuddles with Daddy during "busy season"February: Soaking in the sunshine on a mild winter day!
March: Happy to be outside...
April: Just savoring the moment...
May: Brother cuddles
June: Aiden and Andrew, brothers forever!
July: Pool fun and Someone's garden has gotten out of control...
August: A boy and his trucks...September: Everybody needs a little sleep!
October: Me and my boys
November: Little turkeys and family Christmas tree hunt...
December: Sweet boys
- Lots and lots of adventures outside (at the park, playing in the backyard, going on walks, swimming at the pool, snowman were made, visits to the zoo)
- Survived another winter "busy season" (if you have a husband in the accounting field, you know how significant this is!)
- Lots of visits from our family that lives SO far away! We cherish these special times with our family as the times with family is so few and far between.
- Aiden started preschool, tears were shed both from mom and son at the beginning! But now, I love when I pick him up, big smiles and hugs come, and I hear about all the fun things that happened with his "preschool friends"
- The Chirping Moms was created with Courtney, as well as trying to continue to blog on our family blog!
- Lots of travels (three trips to North Carolina, a trip to Iowa, several trips to Pennsylvania, Sesame Place, day trips to NYC and CT)
- Playdates with many friends---thankful for the little life that we have created in this town the past two years.
- Birthdays: For Chris and I who both hit the BIG 30 and the boys turned 4 and 2!
- Walks to the train, trips to the apple farm, visits from friends, Skype dates with grandparents, mornings of muffins and chocolate milk, family runs around town, and SO much more!
Happy 2013---may you savor each and every moment that this year brings you!