Today, we are going to talk about preparing our littles for the arrival of sibling (and make sure you stay tuned to the whole post as there is a great giveaway at the end!)...
It seem like only yesterday that Aiden became a big brother to his little brother Andrew now...
Aiden, at age four, will now have TWO little siblings!!!!! While Andrew, at age two, will have the joy of becoming a big brother for the first time. Both boys are excited about the thoughts of their little sister. Now that Aiden is older, I am excited to see how he will be impacted by the birth of baby sister. He understands now, loves to help with things around the house, and I think (cross my fingers) will adjust relatively easily. I think his thought is "the more the merrier". Andrew, my precious little baby right now, may have a harder time adjusting to the fact of sharing "mommy", but I think that big brother will keep him busy playing and he already is used to sharing time with Mommy with his big brother!
One great way to prepare kids for the arrival of another one is through books! Courtney and I wanted to share some of our favorite big sibling books that are perfect for little ones to prepare and adjust to living with a new sibling:
1. I'm a Big Brother and I'm A Big Sister by Joanna Cole. The Big Brother version is still one of our favorites in our house! We got this before Andrew was born for Aiden and it is simple for young children and a great addition to a growing family's library!
2. The Berenstain Bears and Baby Makes Five and The Berenstain Bears' New Baby. We love the Berenstain Bear books right now over at our house, so we checked out these at the library and the boys loved them. If you have a Berenstain Bear lover, these are perfect!
3. Best-Ever Big Sister and Best-Ever Big Brother by Karen Katz. The Karen Katz books are perfect for toddlers and young children. Courtney loved this series as Maggie was only 18 months when Alex was born. Easy and quick reads with some simple pictures.
4. Franklin's Baby Sister: We are also Franklin lovers at this house and the boys loved hearing this story over and over and over again!
5. Big Sister Dora!: Another favorite over at Courtney's house as Maggie was an avid Dora lover when Alex was a small baby. A must for any Dora fan!
6. The New Baby by Mercer Mayer. Love how the Little Critter series brings the idea of a new sibling!
7. Hello Baby! Another book perfect for prepping for new baby!
While I was perusing Amazon the past couple weeks, I think I found what I may add to our collection of "big sibling" books: God Gave Us Two. I love this series and am excited to find one of their books that incorporates bringing a new sibling home!