- 12 ounces of rotini pasta
- 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp of dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 Tbsp of Country Crock spread
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2-1 cup of chopped dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sauté for four minutes.
- Add the ground beef to skillet and cook until browned. Add salt and pepper (to taste). Add the can of diced tomatoes and dijon mustard. Stir and cook for about five minutes on low heat to let sauce thicken.
- While sauce is simmering, now it's time to make the homemade breadcrumbs that will top the casserole.
7. Melt the butter in another skillet on medium-low heat.
8. Cut the hamburger buns into 1 inch cubes
9. Add the bread cubes to the butter and cook for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the garlic powder and cook for another minute.
After making the breadcrumbs, it's time to put the casserole together.
10. Toss the pasta with the meat mixture and place into the baking dish.
11. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese and pickles. Place the hamburger bun croutons on top.
12. Bake for 30 minutes.
13. Serve and enjoy!